LEMON YOGURT CAKE RECIPE | INA GARTEN | FOOD NETWORK
Provided by: Ina Garten Bio & Top Recipes
Total time: 1 hours 20 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf
|1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour|
|2 teaspoons baking powder|
|1/2 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt|
|1 1/3 cups sugar, divided|
|3 extra-large eggs|
|2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (2 lemons)|
|1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract|
|1/2 cup vegetable oil|
|1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice|
|1 cup confectioners’ sugar|
|2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 1/2 by 4 1/4 by 2 1/2-inch loaf pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper. Grease and flour the pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into 1 bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, 1 cup sugar, the eggs, lemon zest, and vanilla. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. With a rubber spatula, fold the vegetable oil into the batter, making sure it’s all incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes, or until a cake tester placed in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, cook the 1/3 cup lemon juice and remaining 1/3 cup sugar in a small pan until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Set aside.
- When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Carefully place on a baking rack over a sheet pan. While the cake is still warm, pour the lemon-sugar mixture over the cake and allow it to soak in. Cool.
- For the glaze, combine the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice and pour over the cake.